- The majority of blowouts are caused by overheated tires.
- The major cause of overheating is tire underinflation. This can affect new and used tires.
- The danger of a blowout from underinflation increases dramatically in hot weather.
- Other common causes of blowouts are leaks and punctures from road hazards.
Blowouts are not covered by the warranty on new tires. An extended warranty on your horse trailer will reimburse you for the cost of the tire if you have a blowout. We offer extended warranties on all of our horse trailers – be sure to ask if you would like to know what is covered.
* Always stop in a safe place to check or change tires. The side of the interstate or road is NOT safe!
Before hitting the road, be sure to read our Horse Trailer Tire Tips!